(1) ABOUT COOKIES
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For more information see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
1.a) Session and persistent cookies
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
- Session cookies – allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason session cookies may be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies.
- Persistent cookies – are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
1.b) First and third party cookies
Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie.
- First party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by a website visited by the user / the website displayed in the URL window.
- Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie.
On this website we use:
1) Session cookies:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Name Description|
|ASP.NET SESSION ID||Store an integer (random created) that identify the user specific session|
|_UTMC||Numeric hash of account (e.g.: 53891381)|
2) Persistent cookies:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Name Description|
|COUNTRY ID||Store an integer (from 1 to n) that allow the server software to identify the user origin country and show the correct language|
|ASPXAUTH||Random integer that identifies the user and allows authentication to the server|
|_UTMA||This cookie keep track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, random number, timestamp, number of hits . The validity period is two years.|
|_UTMB||This cookie keep track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, access timestamp, some information related access. The validity period is half an hour.|
|_ UTMZ||This cookie keep track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, access time stamp, access specific information, number of hits, keywords, source and country. The validity period is six months.|
|rayban_cookies_policy||This is a unique cookie which tracks when and if the user has viewed and accepted the cookies policy, as detailed on notification appearing on the website the first time the user opens the homepage.|
|_drt_ (France Only)||Doubleclick Tags are used to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns for Ray-Ban.com/france website|
|ID (France Only)|
|Toonh_UniqueClientId||This cookie is used in Order of Never Hide pages to identify users for the moderation of their submitted contents|
|ToonhTeaser||This cookie is used to know if a user is already registered in Order of Never Hide teaser pages|
|ToonhEmail||This cookie is used to check the email used on the Order of Never Hide teaser pages|
|ToonhPreHome||This cookie is used to check if the user has seen the intro animation in the Order of Never Hide pages|
|TOONH_RayBanLegalDisclaimer||This cookie is used to know if the user has clicked on the Order of Never Hide challenges pages disclaimer|
|TOONH_ugcvotes||This cookie is used to check the number of votes of not registered users in the Order of Never Hide pages|
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to track you as you navigate our website;
(3) to improve the website’s usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our website;
(5) in the administration of this website;
(6) to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
(7) to personalise our website for you
(3) Blocking/Managing cookies
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the:
(1) the “back” button inside the website pages (es. product page) probably will be not redirect to the previous page;
(2) registration forms, if you insert your personal data to participate to our initiatives, blocking the cookies will stop the possibility to remember your data from the first step to the following steps.
(4) Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer: check the "Help" menu of your browser
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy” and then choosing “Use Custom Settings for History” from the History drop down menu settings, the clicking “Clear cookies” when the menu “Show cookies” appears with the list.
(9) Contact us
This website is owned and operated by Luxottica Group.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us at https://wwww.rayban.com/getsupport.