withstand all kinds of abuse
- Memo Ray is made from a special metal alloy trained to memorize the specific shape of our Ray-Ban frames for impressive flexibility.
- The titanium portion of the alloy makes the frames strong as steel and virtually indestructible. (*)
- Titanium is only 60% of the density of steel, making it lightweight and strong.
- Made of nickel-titanium, they have a comfortable fit, no matter how big or small the head.
(*) No lens is shatterproof or unbreakable. NEXT
CARBON FIBERAVAILABLE sun & optical
innovation at its core
- One of the greatest strength to weight ratios of any material.
- Seven layers of Carbon Fiber sheets are assembled to feature in Ray-Ban’s slimmest wrap temples.
- NO WELDING
- The Monoblock hinges include no welding in the front frame so they can withstand a lifetime of opening and closing.
- The end pieces are rubber-injected, creating a comfortable grip.
lighter thinner stronger
- NO WELDING
- Every component and pin is manufactured without welding.
- NO SCREWS
- Our exclusive monoblock hinges are manufactured without screws. So say goodbye to loose screws. For good.
- Introducing Light-Ray, the lightest frame we’ve ever created. It weighs just 1.7g!
- If you’re suspicious of this ‘less is more’ approach, we’ve put each hinge through 5,000 cycles. Being extremely flexible, they are life-resistant.
- Nickel free, Light-Ray frames are hypoallergenic.
CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY FOR YOUR EYES
- LiteForce features PK001, a thermoplastic polymer processed at high temperatures. Formerly used in cutting-edge systems, Ray-Ban is the first brand to use this material in the eyewear sector.
- PK001, a material offering excellent chemical and mechanical resistance.
- PK001 is stiffer and more robust than normal nylon frames.
- PK001 frames ARE extremely thin while offering the same fit as injected glasses (ultra-flexibility).
The lighter side of the strength
- 50% lighter than metal or steel frames.
- Stronger than anything in its class when used in its pure state or combined with ß titanium.
- Made of an ultra-light and elastic material that is also corrosion-resistant.
- Making it ideal for sea-hardened sailors and sensitive-skinned accountants alike!