Slash Signed Guitar Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
(1) Promotion Description - Luxottica USA LLC (the "Sponsor") is offering "Ray-Ban Slash Signed Guitar Giveaway" (the "Promotion") and will award one (1) Grand Prize via a random selection from eligible Entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") on February 18, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on March 11, 2013 ("Promotion Period").
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, (including U.S. residents residing on any military base worldwide) who are 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their state or territory of residence as of February 18, 2013.
This Promotion is not open to: Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively "Promotion Entities"), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
(3) How to Enter - There are two ways (2) ways to enter during the Promotion Period:
1) (a) When you make the purchase of any pair of Ray-Ban® sunglasses at http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunstore/, you will automatically receive one (1) entry; or
(b) When you complete the following Promotion registration form with your first/last name and e-mail address you will automatically receive one (1) entry. You will have the opportunity to elect to receive electronic communication from Ray-Ban; opting to receive electronic communication is not a requirement for entry nor does it increase your chances of winning.
There is a limit of two (2) entries per person regardless of the entry method(s) used. Any entries received in excess of two (2) per person will be ineligible.
Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses and/or Ray-Ban accounts, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
(5) Grand Prize - One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected to receive an autographed, limited edition Slash guitar, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") $1,500. There is one (1) prize available and a total ARV of $1,500. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
(6) Prize Awarding - The drawing will be conducted on or about March 14, 2013. Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted the same business day of the drawing by the e-mail address and/or phone number associated with his/her entry ("Prize Notification") and will be required to satisfactorily complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release, (unless prohibited by law) ("Affidavit"). The Affidavit must be returned within five (5) days of Prize Notification. In completing the Affidavit the potential winner will be required to provide his/her social security or tax ID number, which will be used solely for the purposes of Sponsor's legal compliance in filing US Tax Form 1099. Potential winner will also be required to send a copy of his/her passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. Non-compliance with any of these requirements will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of Prize Notification and/or Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish winner's proper name and State or territory of residence online in connection with the Promotion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item (b) redeem the prize for cash or (c) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on any prize is the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
(7) General - This Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules.
By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be binding and final, without right of appeal, with respect to any and all matters relating to the Promotion, including without limitation, as to eligibility and/or disqualification of entries; and (2) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules except where prohibited by law; and (3) releases the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion, the Entrant's participating therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) from any Entrant.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, including without limitation using bots, scripts or other mechanisms to automate the receipt of entries as solely determined by the Sponsor and/or its Promotion Administrator, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Entrant's eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In compliance with Puerto Rican law, such right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion in Puerto Rico is subject to authorization by the Puerto Rican Secretary of Department of Consumer Affairs. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
(8) Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution - This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York applicable to contracts made and performed in the State of New York, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York, New York having jurisdiction and Entrants irrevocably consent to the Jurisdiction of the courts located in New York, New York; and (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SPONSOR'S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE STATED ARV OF THE PRIZES OFFERED HEREUNDER. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision. These Official Rules are intended to be the complete, final and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement between each Entrant and the Sponsor relating to the subject matter hereof.
(9) Winner Information - For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 14, 2013 to: Ray-Ban Slash Signed Guitar Giveaway Winner Information, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
Luxottica USA LLC
12 Harbor Park Drive
Port Washington, NY 11050
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523