To enter the Ray-Ban 'Win a Rooftop Party' Summer promotion competition you must purchase a pair of Ray-Ban eyewear (sun or optical) from a registered Ray-Ban retailer.
This competition runs from the 15th of November 2010 until the 31st of December 2010. The winner will be announced on the 20th of January 2011. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd) reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time. Winners must be willing to be photographed and interviewed by the promoters and have their names published in promoter correspondence.
The promotion is open to everyone residing in South Africa except employees of the Grand Daddy Hotel, employees of Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd), employees of Sunglass Hut Retail SA Pty (Ltd) and Sunglass Hut Airports SA Pty (Ltd), retailers of Ray-Ban and their immediate families.
The prize is redeemable on the weekend of Friday the 4th of February 2011 and Saturday the 5th of February 2011 only, is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The winner and 13 friends will have to check out by 11am on Sunday the 6th of February 2011.
By entering this competition the participant accepts the full terms, conditions and rules of this competition and agrees to abide by these rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd) in regard to the competition.
The Prize includes:
- Two exclusive nights' accommodation on The Rooftop of The Grand Daddy Hotel, Cape Town, for 14 people bed and breakfast basis in seven Airstream Penthouse Trailers
- Return domestic economy flights for 14 people from a major airport within South Africa, excluding Cape Town.
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel (if the winner resides in Cape Town he/she and 13 friends can be transported to the hotel from one central location in Cape Town).
Thereafter, any transportation requirements will be at the cost of the guests.
- Capped vouchers for meals and drinks for all 14 guests to the value of R 14,000.00. Should the guests reach the capped amount before the end of the weekend, meals and drinks can be purchased at their own expense.
- Meal and drink vouchers can only be used at the Grand Daddy Hotel - food from the restaurant, and beverages from all bars in the hotel. The 14 guests will be given a voucher/account to allow them to claim food and drinks.
- DJ and Live Band performing for Friday the 4th of February 2011 ONLY.
- Outdoor cinema screening for Saturday the 5th of February 2011 ONLY.
- The Grand Daddy Hotel staff will be on call and one staff member will be the designated butler for the 14 guests.
- Ray-Ban merchandise to the value of R 2000-00 will be provided for each of the 14 guests.
Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd), its agents and distributors shall not be responsible, nor may it be held liable for any personal or patrimonial loss, damage or injury , including consequential loss, or death, whether occasioned by any act or omission of Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd), its agents and distributors, or anyone else for whose actions they or any of them would be liable in law, sustained by the winner of this prize, or any other person who participates in this prize, as a result of his or her acceptance of, and/or participation in this prize.
The winner of this competition and all persons participating in the prize, on such participation, indemnifies Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd), its agents and distributors against, and shall in no manner whatsoever seek to hold Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd), its agents and distributors liable for any personal or patrimonial loss, damage or injury , including consequential loss, or death, whether occasioned by any act or omission of Luxottica SA Pty (Ltd), its agents and distributors, or anyone else for whose actions they or any of them would be liable in law, sustained by the winner of this prize, or any other person who participates in this prize.
- The winner and his/her 13 friends will arrive at Cape Town International Airport where transport will take them to the Grand Daddy Hotel (if the winner and his/her friends reside in Cape Town arrangements will be made to collect them and they will be transported to the Hotel). Check in time is from 2pm on day of arrival, Friday the 4th of February 2011.
- Having arrived at the Grand Daddy Hotel, the winner and his/her 13 friends will be welcomed with drinks and then checked into the seven unique Airstream Penthouse Trailers.
- There will be a live band performing on the Friday night, the 4th of February 2011 ONLY, followed by a DJ at the bar.
- Ray-Ban and the Pink Flamingo Cinema will screen films on the outdoor cinema on the Saturday night the 5th of February 2011 ONLY.
- For both evenings, winners may invite other friends to attend the party; however, there is a limit of 40 people on the rooftop. A guest list is to be supplied to management of the Grand Daddy Hotel. All food and beverages for additional friends, who have been invited, will have to be purchased at their own expense. These additional people (over and above the 14 already staying in the Airstream Trailers), may not stay over in the Trailers, but can rent a hotel room (at their own expense) if they wish to do so. The winner is liable for any damages to the property of the Grand Daddy Hotel on these evenings - should the damage be the result of one of them or their guests.
- Additional guests will need to be off the Rooftop by 12am and move to The Daddy Cool Bar should they wish to stay longer.
- Check out is at 11am on the morning of Sunday the 6th of February 2011.