Competition: “LEGENDS LIVE”
Competition promoted by LUXOTTICA SOUTH AFRICA PTY (LTD), with registered office in BLACK RIVER PARK NORTH, FIR STREET, OBSERVATORY, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
From Wednesday 14th November 2012 to Friday 30th November 2012; prize-draw no later than 12:00 midday on Monday 3rd December 2012.
PRODUCT UNDER PROMOTION
Nationwide within South Africa
Visitors of www.ray-ban.com/southafrica
During the promotional period, an area dedicated to the celebration of Ray-Ban’s 75th anniversary and the “Legends Live” campaign will appear on the website www.ray-ban.com/southafrica. Visitors who click on the area will be guided to an area where they can view 7 live performances of local South African music legends performing a song from each decade starting from the 30’s through to the 90’s. Visitors can then vote for their favourite performance to win tickets to the Ray-Ban 75th anniversary event in Cape Town, South Africa on Thursday the 6th of December 2012. When visitors vote in this dedicated area, they will be asked to complete an entry form by providing their personal information (city of residence, first and last name, and valid e-mail address).
By and not later than 12:00 midday on Monday 3rd December 2012, in the presence of a Commissioner of Oath entrusted to oversee the drawing, out of the visitors that have voted for one or more of the “Legends Live” videos / songs, two names will be drawn to win the prize.
Each visitor may vote multiple times, but will be allowed to participate in the draw just once, irrespective of the number of times he/she has voted. In the case of data or e-mail addresses attributable to one person, votes subsequent to the first one will not be eligible for draw.
Two double tickets to the Ray-Ban 75th Anniversary event in Cape Town, South Africa.
Flights and accommodation for the winners should they reside outside of the Western Cape only.
Approximately R 2000.00 without flights and accommodation per double ticket winner.
Approximately R 10,000.00 with flight and accommodation per double ticket winner.
Luxottica will not have to pay out the difference to winners should flights and accommodation come in cheaper.
PUBLICATION AND RULES
The competition and the full official rules will be published on the website www.ray-ban.com/southafrica.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The draw will take place under the supervision of a Commissioner of Oath entrusted to oversee the drawing.
The competition is open only to entrants that have reached legal age of 18 years old. In the event that the entrant is a minor, the win will be deemed invalid, even if the prize has already been awarded.
This promotion is in no way sponsored or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook or any other social network.
Winners will receive notice of the win via e-mail to the address supplied in the entry form. The Promoter shall bear no responsibility for incorrect e-mail addresses.
The winners will be contacted on Friday 30th of November and the event is the follwoingt week on the Thursday 6th of December 2012. Should they not be available to attend the event on that day, they will have to forfeit the prize. The prize is not transferrable for cash. Only if the winners live outside of Cape Town or the Western Cape, will they be flown down and accommodation provided.
Entry into the competition is free of charge and does not incur any cost other than that of connecting to the Internet, which depends on the tariff agreed with the person’s service provider.
The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any Internet access problems, impediments, malfunctions or difficulties with regard to the telephone line, transmission, connection, postal services or any other circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
The server used for the competition is located in South Africa and the data will be held on an Italian platform.
Any participants making any fraud attempt or untruthful or false declarations will be disqualified, even if the prize has already been awarded.
Participation in this competition implies the complete acceptance and without reserve of these Rules.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
In accordance with Legislative Decree no. 196/2003,:
1. personal data will be collected by the Promoter only for the purpose of managing the competition through Luxottica Group S.p.A. after the participant has acknowledged the notice and disclaimer, as required at the time of registration;
2. personal data will be handled in hard copy and electronic formats;
3. personal data will not be divulged and the data subjects may exercise his/her rights under Article 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 by contacting the Data Controller (ie, the Promoter);
4. personal data may be communicated to third parties who collaborate with the Data Controller in organizing the competition (in particular to those delegated as per Article 5 of Presidential Decree no. 430/01 to handle administrative paperwork and to those entrusted to deliver the prizes), as well as to the notary or competent official who records the operations of the competition, and to the Ministry for Economic Development in compliance with the law on prize competitions (Presidential Decree no. 430/01);
5. personal data supplied in the entry form will be used for the delivery of the prizes to the winning data subject, for the delivery of information regarding the competition, and for the publication of the winners on the website and Social Media;
6. personal may be communicated by the Promoter to third parties (suppliers, partners, affiliates or agents) without any temporal restrictions and without any payment, remuneration or compensation of any kind due;
7. at the end of the competition, Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) may publish the winners’ names on the website www.ray-ban.com/southafrica;
8. Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) will not be required to inform the participants or request authorization therefrom for the aforementioned actions;
9. Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) represents and warrants that the data used by the visitor to participate in the competition will be used in an appropriate manner and in such a way as to ensure the participant’s privacy, in accordance with Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, whether in hard copy or electronic format;
10. the participant may at any time exercise his/her rights under Article 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 to have his/her data updated, deleted or to object the use thereof for sales or advertising campaigns by writing directly to Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD.
The Data Controllers are, autonomously, Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) and Luxottica Group S.p.A.
Via the Internet, the participant represents and warrants:
- that he/she is aware that by submitting their details and accepting these terms and conditions he/she assigns and transfers to the Promoter, which accepts, the right – without compensation – to use and publish the winners’ names submitted.
PROHIBITIONS IMPOSED ON PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS
It is expressly prohibited for any and all competition participants and winners to make any claims against Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD).
In the event of force majeur and/or a fortuitous event that prohibits Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) from fulfilling the obligations envisioned in these Rules, Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) will award a prize of the same nature and equal or higher commercial value within 180 days starting from the date of awarding.
RIGHT OF RECOVERY
The Promoter hereby waives its right to recover the deduction at source as per Article 30 of Presidential Decree no. 600/73 and therefore incurs the relative tax burden.
The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter or Luxottica Group Companies, or their family members living at the same address.
Luxottica South Africa PTY (LTD) hereby declares that the advertising material will be in full compliance with these Rules.
For any other matters not provided for herein, express reference shall be made to Presidential Decree no. 430/2001.
Any disputes arising with regard to these Rules and this prize competition shall be referred exclusively to the Court of Cape Town.